What you need to know before purchasing an inversion table – The complete manual for buying!
Before going ahead and buying an inversion table in the market today, it is important to understand your requirements and knowing what features and brands of tables are considered most effective. It is also beneficial to understand the functionalities that come with individual brands of inversion tables and the daily inversion table exercises that you can perform before you set out to make the purchase.
There are many inversion tables available in the market today. Not all tables are manufactured with the same features and materials. Buying a table which suits your needs is essential to keep your medical issues on check. It is best to understand the features of the various inversion tables and a review of the best products in the market will help you make an informed decision.
It is necessary to understand that inversion tables give the most positive outcomes only when they are paired with healthy lifestyle habits.
What to look for when you purchase an inversion table?
As mentioned earlier, inversion tables come with several features and functionalities. But, understanding the most basic and common ones may help you choose a good quality inversion table suited to your needs.
The main parts of an inversion table: Inversion tables are often referred to as weight machines. They do not have any weights attached to them, rather the weight of the user and some more components inherent to the table gives the adequate stretch to the body and helps decompress the spine, relax the joints and back. So, it is essential to know about the main components of an inversion table. These are:
The frame of an inversion table: The frame of an inversion table is a very important component. It determines the degree of inclination. A beginner may start with a very low degree of tilt; whereas, a more experienced person could go up to a complete 90degree incline. Therefore, it is essential for a buyer to understand that the frame should be solid and durable and go the full range of inversion from the lowest to the highest with smoothness and ease.
Each frame is built to hold a minimum and maximum weight. The specifications for the weight capacity will always be given in the product information of every inversion table in the market. Choose a table whose frame can accommodate your weight and height comfortably. A sturdy and big frame lends stability to the inversion table.
Platform of the inversion table: The platform is that component which holds and supports your body. This should provide adequate support and give you a comfortable secure feel. It is convenient if your platform is adjustable and features like padded knee bars are most beneficial for people who don’t wish to tilt by putting pressure on their ankles. An adjustable platform is good for tall and heavily-built people.
Clamps in an inversion table: The clamps are the parts that strap the user to the platform. These clamps are used to fasten the ankles to steady them while you are on a tilt. It is necessary to check if these clamps are sturdy and comfortable and provide a secure feel to the user.
Back pads: The back pads must provide comfort. As the duration of the inversion increases, it is very necessary to look for back pads that provide comfort which use good quality materials. A few back pads are detachable and replaceable. However, there are a few tables which come with moulded beds attached to the platform. These attached beds must be firm yet comfortable.
There are some other important features that one should look for before buying a suitable inversion table for home use. They are:
- Look for inversion tables that are ideally suited and comfortable for your height and weight.
- When you intend using inversion tables at home, you should be extra careful with safety features like locking devices to keep the tables out of reach from children.
- Look for anti-skid foot stabilizers and no-skid mat if the floor of your house is made up of wood or tiles.
- Assessing the dimensions of the inversion table after assembly is a must to fit it in the space of your room and if you intend to use it continuously.
- Safety straps are essential to hold your body in place, when on an incline. And using a safety strap to control the angle of inversion is beneficial for people who wish to control the tilting process without stepping out of the device every time an adjustment has to be made.
Some added functionalities that are available in modern inversion tables:
Vibration pads: Though these are optional, they do provide relief to tired muscles. These pads are attached to the inversion tables and massage tired limbs. These are considered ideal for relaxation purposes.
Ab-building functions: A few inversion tables in the market come with multiple functions and serve different purposes. It is beneficial for those desirous of getting into shape and working on their abdominal area whilst inclining.
Automated inversions: There are technologically advanced tables in the market which come with motors that enable self-adjusted tilts. These are very helpful when you must do the inversion process without secondary assistance. These automated tilts do away with manual adjustments and enables the user to self-incline to a comfortable position without any external support.
Inverting upside down is not an easy task. You need to choose a table which is built with good quality materials and is durable, affordable and suitable to your requirements. Reviews on the ideal inversion table and a complete guide to understanding this revolutionary concept is necessary before you go out to buy this important medical device.
Reviews for some inversion tables in the market
While scouting for the ideal inversion table, the following points should be kept in mind
- Build quality
- Brand name
- Warranty period and
- Final concluding points on the product and
- A comparative study of the different products available.
Here’s a list of some of the best inversion tables on the market in 2017:
- IRONMAN Gravity 4000 Highest Weight Capacity Inversion Table
- Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Therapy Table
- Teeter Hang Ups Ep-560 Inversion Table with Back Pain Relief Kit
- Ironman IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table
- Ironman IFT 1000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table
|IRONMAN Gravity 4000||IRONMAN IFT4000 Infrared||IRONMAN IFT1000 Infrared||Teeter Hang Ups Ep-560||Innova ITM4800|
|Weight capacity||350 lbs||350 lbs||275 – 300 lbs||300 lbs||300 lbs|
|Height adjustment||6’6”||4’9” – 6’6”||4’9” – 6”6”||4’8 -6’6”||4’10” – 6’6”|
|Maximum Inversion Angle||180degrees||180degrees||180degrees||180degrees||180|
|Non-Skid Foot Stabilizers||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Table frame||Heavy Duty steel frame||Heavy Duty steel frame||Heavy Duty steel frame||Powder coated or chrome plated single piece tubular steel frame||Heavy duty steel frame|
|Backrest material||Vinyl covered memory foam||Rib design backrest with carbon fibre heating elements||Ribbed foam backrestwith carbon fibre heating elements||Ergonomically designed memory foam 2-piece high strength, high flex back support (ComforTrak Bed)||Energy foam backrest and padded detachable pillow|
|Clamps/Ankle locks||Ratchet system||Ratchet system||Ratchet system||Cuff type rubber ankle support for the rear heel area, front ankle and top of the feet area||Ankle cups and easy pull pin adjustment|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year||5 years||1 year|
|Dimensions||49*26*65 inches||51*29*9 inches||53*28*6 inches||84*86*28.8|
IRONMAN Gravity 4000 Inversion Table:
- The IRONMAN 4000 is a very durable product because of its heavy duty tubular steel frame and anti-skid rubber stabilizers.
- The build quality is industry standard. The device comes with the best vinyl coated memory foam backrest and extra-long safety handles. It has a lumbar pillow for low back support.
- IRONMAN has the reputation of offering the beneficial features for a very good price range.
- The device is warranty-covered and the company offers excellent customer support.
The IRONMAN 4000 table is one of the best in its price ranges. The device is solid, stable, easy to assemble and easy to store. The thoughtful features incorporated in this product makes this a great beginner’s inversion table. The ankle locks are comfortable and give a secure feel.
Some drawbacks of the product are that it is very heavy; the packing is done with poor quality materials because of which some parts may arrive broken or damaged.
The IRONMAN 4000 is a good value for money. It is sturdy and smooth to operate.
Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Therapy Table
- The Innova ITM4800 inversion table comes with adjustable 4- position inversion pin rather than the traditional straps. This increases the safety and comfort level of the table.
- The Innova is a reputed name in the industry because of the reliability of its products.
- The heavy-duty steel frame, the energy foam backrest and soft touch foam handle bars speak for the excellent quality of materials used in the manufacture of the product.
- The ITM4800 comes with a one year warranty
The device is easy to use and convenient to store. The ITM4800 comes with an Isolated Heat and Vibration Therapeutic Massage Inversion and an adjustable lumbar pad, which provides more comfort and relief. This device gives a complete massage experience. Overall, it is a good product to possess and offers some of the best deals in its price range.
Teeter Hang Ups Ep-560 Inversion Table with Back Pain Relief Kit
- The Ep-560 comes with an enhanced decompression with Lumbar Bridge and ergonomically designed foam backrest and stretchable grip handles.
- Engineered precision balancing for controlled rotation, under pre-set angles; precision rotation when on a full inversion take the Teeter Ep-560 to a leading position among inversion table manufacturers.
- The 5year warranty, unlike any other in the industry, speaks about the durability and build quality of Teeter’s Ep-560 series.
The inversion table comes with a back-pain relief kit. The Teeter Hang-ups Ep-560 has been tested scientifically and proven to reverse and relieve some disc problems. It comes highly recommended by a few chiropractors and doctors. It is a good device in pro-actively improving the overall well-being. It is a breeze to use and can be folded easily when not in use. The Teeter table is also easy to put together and has been garnering excellent reviews.
Ironman IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table and Ironman IFT 1000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table
The Ironman IFT 4000 uses infrared heat therapy to give relief to disc pains and back problems. The whole backrest pad gently heats up to give sufficient relief to the entire back. The carbon fibre heating elements help achieve this.
There is an LED controller display with a timer which indicates temperature plus a remote control to enable easy and instant adjustments. The table comes packed with many of the IRONMAN best features and is one of the easy, effective and most convenient tables that have been designed so far. The inversion tables give an overall heat massage effect because of its advanced FIR heat technology.
Inversion tables need not be used only as remedial devices. They can be used proactively to get in shape and to maintain overall health and well-being. Inversion tables are meant to reverse some of the negative effects of gravity on the back. Lifestyle issues coupled with gravity, has caused an increase in the number of people suffering from chronic back pains and spinal disc issues. These problems begin slowly, but when left untended they can cause severe harm.
Prevention and early intervention with the help of inversion tables along with a healthy and active lifestyle can help people tackle such crippling problems with ease. A comprehensive understanding of inversion therapy is much needed.
Inversion tables are the most sought after devices where inversion therapy is concerned. The concept is innovative and the tables have proven effective with flexibility and versatility unlike any other inversion techniques. A brief overview of some popular inversion tables in the market and knowing what features and specifications to look for, may help you make the right choice.
Research studies indicate that inversion tables can effectively improve lung function and clear sinuses and the overall respiratory system. That they can improve blood circulation and overall fitness is also known. Inclining, helps improve your mental alertness and physical flexibility.
Now, that we have seen the benefits and limitations of inversion tables, the important features and requirements of inversion tables, go ahead and choose an inversion table that is durable and effective for you.